Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Fun!

 For the Easter weekend we headed down to Chris' parent's house and had a lovely time with family there. We visited with Chris' grandmother several times in the care home where she lives. The kids like to show her things and tell her about our adventures. Arthur even read some of his favorite parts of Alice in Wonderland to her. 

 Saturday morning we started with a little Easter hunt inside for Arthur and Stella. I had ordered a new game for us called Qwirkle and hid a bunch of the pieces around the house for them to find. Once all the pieces were gathered we all enjoyed playing the game together!

 Grandad with Qwirkle

 Jared enjoying his cinnamon roll. 
I made brunch on Saturday for everyone. We had homemade cinnamon rolls and a sausage egg bake with fruit and juice. 

 Ready to start the egg hunt!
It was rainy and wet on Saturday so we had to do the hunt indoors. 



 The kids had a good time, although the eggs were a bit easier to find inside than out. 

 I wanted to try and get a few good shots of Stella for her birthday, but she wanted to pose with Daddy first!



 Of the dozens of pictures that I took of her in an effort to get a good shot, several captured some classic Stella faces. 
I love this smile!

 You can really see her silly side showing!

 Chris thought that in this picture she looks so grown up...

 but then in this one I can totally see baby Stella all over again!

 Star girl!

  

 We love you Stella!




 Easter Sunday lunch- it was delicious!



We also watched General Conference over the weekend, and while we listened to the talks Arthur and Chris worked on a collaborative drawing. Ships in battle! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely to see this all! Doesn't time fly?

Love, Uncle Chris